Treating infertility is our passion and we are one of the premiere IVF centers in Ahmedabad who have a dedicated and sincere team of IVF specialist, in-house Embryologist, Andrologist and a Geneticist.
Our network as one of the renowned IVF centres is widely spread across gujrat and we cater to patients from small towns like kadi, Kalol, Idar, Mehsana to big cities of India and now we have taken a step forward and cater to international patients across the globe. This has been possible due to our committed nature, infrastructure of international standard, medical ethics and transparency in our work.
After initial consultation and counselling, an infertile couple undergoes diagnostic tests to evaluate for the cause of infertility. Studies have shown that cause of infertility can be 40% due to female factors, 30 % due to male factors and 20-30 % due to combining factors or unexplained causes.
Female factors can be hindrances in the ovulation process due to PCOD or low-quality eggs, Blockage of the tubes or abnormalities in the uterine cavity, advancing maternal age. Our best infertility experts will diagnose the root cause of infertility in a couple and treat accordingly to get maximum success rate at a very low cost.
EVALUATION OF FEMALE INFERTILITY
- The doctor will ask questions to try to get clues as to the cause of your infertility.
- These questions will be regarding your medical, surgical, gynecological, and obstetric history, as well as some lifestyle questions.
- A review of records from other fertility doctors that you have seen is also important.
- A directed physical exam that may include a pelvic ultrasound should be performed.
- Ultrasound can help us discover abnormalities with the uterus, fallopian tubes and/or ovaries. We can sometimes see evidence of pelvic scarring, such as when an ovary appears to be stuck to the uterus.
- We get information regarding the woman’s potential for adequate ovarian stimulation with medications by counting antral follicles
A baseline ultrasound allows us to evaluate the ovaries and pelvic organs to determine if it is an appropriate time to begin ovarian stimulation, which is the first phase of IVF treatment. A baseline ultrasound may also be performed prior to a frozen embryo transfer.
When our doctors observe the results of the baseline ultrasound, they will be looking at several key criteria, including the following:
- The orientation of the uterus
- The thickness of the uterus lining
- The measurement of any follicles
- Whether there are cysts or fibroids present
- Measurement of serum estradiol levels
hormone tests check levels of ovulatory hormones as well as thyroid and pituitary hormones that control reproductive processes.
- It is done with blood testing:-
- Blood – day 3 FSH, LH and estradiol hormone testing and AMH hormone levels
Depending on the individual couple’s situation, various blood tests on either the female or the male may be needed. Blood tests that might be needed include day 3 follicle stimulating hormone (FSH), luteinizing hormone (LH), estradiol (E2), AMH, prolactin, testosterone (T), progesterone (P4), 17-hydroxyprogesterone (17-OHP), thyroxin (T4), thyroid stimulating hormone.
Genetic testing helps determine whether there any changes to your genes that may be causing infertility.
Depending on your symptoms, your doctor may request a hysteroscopy to look for uterine disease. During the procedure, your doctor inserts a thin, lighted device through your cervix into your uterus to view any potential abnormalities.
This minimally invasive surgery involves making a small incision beneath your navel and inserting a thin viewing device to examine your fallopian tubes, ovaries and uterus. A laparoscopy may identify endometriosis, scarring, blockages or irregularities of the fallopian tubes, and problems with the ovaries and uterus.
OUR INFERTILITY SERVICES :-
1. Ovulation Induction with medicines/ injections
Couples who are trying to conceive since 3 to 6 months and not succeeding in getting pregnant then after complete evaluation of infertile couples Ovulation induction is started by medicine like letrozole or injection like HMG.This is the first step of step by step approch in best infertility clinic.
2. IUI( Intra- uterine insemination )
During natural conception, sperm has to travel from the vagina through the cervix, into the uterus, and up to the fallopian tubes. With IUI, sperm are “washed” and concentrated, and also placed directly into the uterus, which puts them closer to the egg.
We have a world class centrifuge machine and an experienced embryologist who prepares semen sample and this has an impact on our high success rate in IUI.
3. ART( Assisted Reproductive techniques)
Assisted reproductive technology (ART) is used to treat infertility. It includes fertility treatments that handle both eggs and sperm. It works by removing eggs from the ovaries. The eggs are then mixed with sperm to make embryos. The embryos are then put back in the mother’s womb.
In vitro fertilization (IVF) is a complex series of procedures used to help with fertility or prevent genetic problems and assist with the conception of a child.IVF is the most effective form of assisted reproductive technology. The procedure can be done using a couple’s own eggs and sperm. Or IVF may involve eggs, sperm or embryos from a known or anonymous donor.
In ICSI, a single healthy sperm is injected directly into each mature egg. ICSI is often used when semen quality or number is a problem or if fertilization attempts during prior IVF cycles failed.
4. Sperm Retrieval
Male infertility is account for 20 to 30 % of total infertility.If male partner is having oligospermia, teratospermia or asthenospermia then also pregnancy can be possible by different sperm retrieval techniques. our best Urologist and high-tech IVF lab give promising result in Severe male infertility and fulfil a dream of parenthood with his own sperm.
Different sperm retrieval techniques:-
d) Micro TESE
It is the method by which couple can preserve their reproductive future.Freezing of egg is done if reproductive capacity will be compromised by various procedure in future like Anticancer drugs.Embryo freezing is now a standard treatment protocol to get better result and to prevent complication related to fresh embryo transfer.
Freezing can be done for:-
In Infertile couples one of the partner or both the partner are incapable of having pregnancy by their own gametes , then for such couples there is hope of parenthood with donor egg/sperms.
7. PGD/PGS/Non Invasive PGS
Some recent research shows that embryo made by ICSI or IVF show chromosomal abnormality in 30-40 % cases.If these aneuploid embryo are implanted in uterine cavity then they will lead to IVF failure or Missed abortion.Now a days these aneuploid embryo can be identified by advanced genetic testing like Pre Implantation genetic diagnosis or Non Invasive Pre Implantation genetic Screening before transfer in to Uterus.In our Shukan IVF Centre & Women’s Hospital,We have a high live birth rate due to combination of these genetic techniques and IVF.In our IVF Centre we have code of conduct to do advance genetic testing of embryo made by our best embryologist and then transfer only euploid embryo that will give you healthy pregnancy and leads to high success rate in our centre.
Step By Step Process of IVF for the patients-
- First consultation – Our doctors will evaluate your history and do clinical examination including sonography and lab investigations for both the partners.
- Counseling- our counselors will explain to you the process of IVF and explain the cause of your infertility and solve all your questions. They will also do financial counseling and help you explain the cost of IVF.
- Ovulation Induction with Injection- The women will have to take injections from day 2 of periods for 10-12 days. These injections will help in optimum growth of eggs.
- Egg retrieval- Once the eggs are matured, egg retrieval is done under short General anaesthesia via transvaginal sonography. The procedure is painless and takes around 15-20 minutes. The patient can go home after 2 hours.
- Husband Semen Sample and freezing- we take the semen of the husband on the same day of egg retrieval so as to fertilize the embryos. We also freeze the husband’s sample and keep it as a backup sample.
- Embryo formation- Embryos are formed inside the IvF lab on the day of egg retrieval and kept in culture media for further growth.
- Embryo Transfer- it is done either in the same cycle as egg retrieval known as Fresh Embryo transfer or the embryos can be freezed and then transferred after a gap of one month in the next cycle known as Frozen Embryo Transfer.
- Result- After 14 days of Embryo transfer , a blood test known as Beta Hcg is done which will help us to confirm pregnancy. Thi is the process of IVF in a nutshell and we at Shukan will do our best to give birth to your dream of becoming a parent.